It's important to understand some of the parameters regarding tags to help determine if there's an issue. Some tag restrictions and limitations are:
1. A resource can only have a maximum of 10 tags.
2. The maximum key length of a tag is 127 Unicode characters.
3. The maximum value length of a tag is 255 Unicode characters.
4. Generally allowed characters for keys and values are: letters, spaces, and numbers representable in UTF-8, plus the following special characters: + - = . _ : / @
5. Keys and values of a tag are case sensitive
6. Do not use the “aws” prefix in your tag names or values because it is reserved for AWS's use only.
7. You can tag public or shared resources but the tags you assign are available only to your AWS account and not to the other account(s) sharing the resources.
8. Not all resources can be tagged. Resources, such as DynamoDB tables, cannot be tagged at this time. Some resources can only be tagged using API actions or by writing scripts within the Command Line.
For more information on tagging capabilities available within CloudHealth, see: How to Tag Assets