The below steps should be followed to help troubleshoot Windows Agent installation:
1) Review and provide a copy of the Agent Installation Log
This is named “install_err.log.zip” which extracts out to a .txt. This should highlight any issues with the initial Agent installation.
2) Review and provide a copy of the Windows Application Event Log
This writes out any attempts to connect and errors when connecting to the Cloudhealth Rest API.
- Stop the Cloudhealth Agent Service in Services.mmc.
- Clear the Application log in windows event viewer.
- Start the Cloudhealth Agent Service.
- Wait for 15 minutes
- Export the Application event log as a Text or CSV File.
(The Agent Polls every 5 minutes and writes data every 15)
3) Review and provide a print screen of the registry
Registry -> Current machine -> Software -> WOW6432 -> CloudHealth Technologies.
The configuration Keys should reside within this directory and align with those found in the install script when adding new agents.
4) Ensure the API is accessible.
- Telnet api.cloudhealthtech.com 443
- Test-NetConnection api.cloudhealthtech.com -p 443
- <hit return>
Next determine if there is a proxy, firewall or Antivirus that could prevent connection to the API or should be configured.
5) Ensure Windows performance counters are installed and available
More information can be obtained from Microsoft here:
5) Raise to Support
Provide all the information gathered along with the Windows OS Version, .Net Version and the Cloudhealth Agent Version.