Preface: What Metrics does CloudHealth Collect using the Azure APIs?
- CPU metrics are collected for all VMs
- If VM is ARM, we need Microsoft.Insights turned on for this VM in order to collect CPU metrics
- If VM is Classic, need Diagnostic settings turned on for this VM in order to collect CPU metrics
- Network metrics are collected for all VMs
- If VM is ARM, we need Microsoft.Insights turned on for this VM in order to collect Network metrics
- If VM is Classic, need Diagnostic settings turned on for this VM in order to collect Network metrics
- Memory metrics are collected for all VMs except classic gov_cloud VMs
- For all VMs, we need Diagnostic settings turned on for this VM in order to collect Memory metrics
- ( Need to confirm if insights needs to be enabled for ARM here )
The collection cycle of Metrics is queued to run every 4hrs.
Troubleshooting Memory Metrics Collection
1) If you have only recently enabled the diagnostics plugin please verify if you can see Memory Metrics within the Azure portal for this VM before investigating the CloudHealth Portal
(Add screenshot showing how to check Metrics in portal for Classic and ARM)
If you do not see metrics within the Azure portal but diagnostics are enabled please try disabling/enabling diagnostics and testing in the portal after 15mins.
2) If you continue to not see Memory metrics check if correct Metrics are enabled within Diagnostics:
3) (For ARM VMs) Once diagnostics are enabled within Azure confirm that the 'Insights' Resource Provider is registered -
If the provider is not registered or was registered in the past under a different directory proceed to register/re-register.
(Add screenshot showing how to check if insights is enabled)
4) For all VMs) Check diagnostics is sending metrics to a valid the Storage account.
If a valid Storage Account is not configured select a valid Storage account -
(Optional) Investigate Storage Account:
(Add query example)
5) Once Memory metrics are visible within the Azure Portal and both Diagnostics and Insights are enabled (for ARM) please wait for at least 4 hrs and then confirm if you see any hourly Azure VM memory metrics available within the CloudHealth platform.
Once you see metrics starting to flow through then the additional time intervals will roll up based on the hourly metrics once the next daily processing window completes.
NOTE: VM Rightsizing reports will take approximately 48hrs to populate Memory scores once metrics collection begins.
6) If you still have metrics collection issues after following the steps above please log a Support Ticket with the CloudHealth team.